VolkerWessels UK’s Section 172 (1) statements set out how the business complies with Section 172(1) of the Companies Act 2006.
This requires the directors to act in the way they consider would be most likely to promote the success of the company for the benefit of its members as a whole, and in doing so have regard (amongst other matters) to:
• The likely consequence of any decision in the long term
• The interests of the company’s employees
• The need to foster the company’s business relationships with suppliers, customers and others
• The impact of the company’s operations on the community and the environment
• The desirability of the company maintaining a reputation for high standards of business conduct
• The need to act fairly as between members of the company