White Cart FPS
VolkerStevin was awarded this £27.5 million contract by Glasgow City Council for the construction for 5km of sheet piled, in-situ and pre-cast concrete clad flood defence walls.
Constructed through the urban corridor on 26 separate sites.
Client targeted 10% use of recycled materials. The site team has achieved double that at 20%.
- 6No Pumping Stations
- 2No Raised Pedestrian Footbridges.
- Quality Streetscape Improvements
- Planting 1000 new trees
- Utility Diversions
- Water and Sewer
3rd Party Liaison, Consultation and Engagement:
- 2No Planning Authorities
- Scottish Government
- Utility & Service Providers
- Local Roads Department
- 1710 Individual residential property Owners
- 210 Business Owners
- Community Councils
- Police and other Emergency Services
Registered with Considerate Constructor Scheme and average audit score over 9 visits = 35.7
Our full time liaison officer dealt with 97 formal complaints over 2 years, closing out 99% within 24hrs.
Environmentally Sensitive sites with various Issues and constraints as follows:
Pre-commencement surveys for:
- Invasive Species
- Construction of artificial Habitats for displaced Otters
- Intensive Noise & Vibration monitoring
- Advance treatment of Invasive Species